Food Business Start Up Health Check
Our Food Business Start Up Health Check package is aimed at new business owners running catering or retail premises for the first time.
It's designed for them to understand what's needed to run a safe food business and achieve a 5 rated National Food Hygiene Rating score.
What we offer!
- An on-site visit delivered by an experienced and qualified Food Safety Officer. They will give you practical advice appropriate to the size and nature of your business
- Advice for your business on how to achieve the highest possible standards The officer will write this up in a simple and easy to understand report
- Includes an up-to-date "Safer Food Better Business" pack and diary
Who is it for?
- For start-up businesses and newly registered food businesses. Business Start Up Health Check is regarded as essential for people new to running a food business
How will it help you?
Business Start Up Health Check can provide you with the following benefits:
- Save you time by having professional advice tailored to your business
- Save you money through receiving advice on appropriate procedures and equipment you need. This is proportionate to the level of your business, avoiding over-spending on compliance
- Enhance your chances of receiving or retaining a high food hygiene rating of ‘5’ that you can use in your marketing. This gives your business a competitive edge
- Give you reassurance from a compliance perspective. It's good for your business and good for your customers
- Enable you to put in place the building blocks to grow your business in a sustainable way.
For Food Business Start Up Health Check costs click here
Please note, some businesses may not qualify for the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme but may benefit from a visit from one of our officers. If you're unsure, please contact us before purchasing the product.
Tel 01229 876373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Safer food, better business
The food safety management pack helps restaurants, cafés, takeaways and other small catering businesses comply with food hygiene regulations.
Have you got your safer food, better business pack?
Or do you need some diary refills?
We can print and send these to you.
For prices of packs and refills please click here.
Contact us on 01229 876373 or
Other sources of professional advice are available. You are under no obligation to purchase any of our discretionary services.
The Pie Shop at Dalton got a 5 star rating on their inspection and said:
"We would definitely recommend this service, it was nice to have the visit to give us a bit of direction as a new business on how we could improve and also working together to help get the 5 star rating."
Izgara Restaurant got a 5 star rating on their inspection and said:
"They taught us very well. Very good and polite people and they teach all the basics you need to know."