Home > Residents > Council Tax > Council Tax Discounts > Second Adult Rebate
Second Adult Rebate

Second Adult Rebate

Help with Council Tax

Second Adult Rebate

Second Adult Rebate is help from the Council, if you have to pay Council Tax and your own income or capital is too high to qualify for main Council Tax Support.  It is based on the income of the other people living with you.

You can claim if:-

  • You are liable to pay Council tax and
  • You are a single person or you have a partner and one of you is a 'discounted person' for Council Tax purposes and
  • You have other adults aged 18 or over and on a low income living with you.

The most you would be able to qualify for is 25% 

If you wish to claim either telephone on 01229 404242 or call into Customer Services at Barrow Town Hall and advise that you wish to claim Second Adult Rebate.