Tenants Home Improvements Form

Tenants Home Improvements Form - for tenants wanting to carry out their own improvements

Whilst the Council has a maintenance programme which includes upgrading fixtures and fittings in tenants' homes, we recognise that sometimes tenants like to carry out their own improvements. Permission is required before any such works are carried out and whilst the Council will not unreasonably withhold such approval, all tenants are required to apply to the Housing Service before starting such work.

You can use the form below in order to make this application.

Your request will be dealt with by the Housing Management Team and you should receive an acknowledgement within 10 working days.
You will need to enter a name and address, phone number or email details.

fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Please enter your name and at least one way to contact you.

Please enter a brief description of the home improvements you would like to make.

If you cannot use this form you can contact us by post or call into our office:

Housing Department,
Town Hall,
Duke Street,
LA14 2LD
Tel: 01229 876578

Or you may contact us by email instead.
Email address: housing@barrowbc.gov.uk

This information will only be used within Barrow Borough Council to improve our services, or respond to your enquiry.

You can see full information on this policy on our Legal and Privacy page.