What are they?
Tenants'/residents' associations and street voices are a vital link between the local community and the council. They take up issues that can improve the community and estate environment.
Where are they?
TENANTS' & RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATIONS
There are currently the following tenants'/residents' associations within the Borough, constituted and recognised by the Council:
- Four Groves Community Association
- Ormsgill Youth & Community Association
- North Walney Residents' Association
- Devonshire Residents' & Tenants' Association
- Raglan Court & Corporation Terrace Tenants' & Residents' Association
- Hindpool Community Association
Setting up an Association
If there isn't an association in your area and you would like the opportunity to meet neighbours and new friends whilst making a valuable contribution to your community, why not start your own tenants' and residents' association? Start-up grants of £100 are available. For more information on starting your own association, read our booklet Tenants & Residents' Association - How to get one started.
There are Street Voices for the following areas:
- Grange Crescent & Cartmel Crescent
- Lord Street, Dalton
For information please read our Street Voice booklet
If you're interested in getting involved with one of these groups or simply want a contact name and number for one of the groups, please ring us on (01229) 876578 or email: email@example.com