The following surveys have been carried out by and on behalf of the Housing Service:
Customer Satisfaction Survey
As part of our ongoing commitment to seek the views of our tenants, in July 2015, we commissioned BMG Research to carry out a postal survey of our customers. The overall objective was to gain levels of customer satisfaction in key service areas.
The postal satisfaction survey was carried out between August and November 2015. In total, 2,200 questionnaires and letters were mailed out to tenants across all estates.
This achieved an accuracy level of 95% which means we can have confidence that the views given are representative of our wider tenant population.
Below are some of the key findings obtained through the survey which we have compared to our last survey conducted in 2012.
- 90% were satisfied with the overall services provided. Satisfaction levels have increased by 3% since 2012.
- 91% were satisfied with the repairs and maintenance service. Satisfaction levels have increased by 3% since 2012.
- 91% were satisfied with the quality of their home. Satisfaction levels have increased by 1% since 2012.
- 86% found staff helpful. Satisfaction levels have increased by 1% since 2012.
- 91% were satisfied with the quality of their homes. Satisfaction levels have increased by 1% since 2012.
- 88% felt they obtained good value for money from their rent. Satisfaction levels have decreased by 1% since 2012.
- 86% were satisfied with the neighbourhood as a place to live. Satisfaction levels have increased by 2% since 2012.
- 83% felt that Barrow Borough Council keeps them informed. Satisfaction levels have increased by 3% since 2012.
- 80% thought that their landlord takes account of their views. Satisfaction levels have increased by 1% since 2012.
To read the full copy of the survey link to 2015 Tenant Survey.
We will continue to work with tenant representatives and councillors to look at what we can learn from such surveys and how they can be used to improve our services.
2012 Tenant Survey
Repairs Satisfaction Survey
As part of our ongoing improvements, every year we carry out comprehensive surveys of the contractors we employ to undertake improvements works to our properties.
To view results of the 2014/15 surveys, please click on the relevant links below.
Stock Condition Survey
In line with Government good practice, the Housing Service carries out a stock condition survey of its properties every five years or so.
Michael Dyson Associates, a team of independent chartered surveyors, carried out a survey in 2014 which involved inspecting all properties, garages, community centres and communal blocks - 2014 Stock Condition Survey.
We have used the information gathered from the survey to develop a Five-Year Investment Plan 2015-2020. This five-year plan summarises properties which will have major components replaced - in particular roofing works, rendering works, rewires and central heating. The results from the Stock Condition Survey indicate that less kitchens and bathrooms improvements will be required over the next five years due to previous high investments levels for these work streams. Please note: This is a plan and the speed in which it is delivered will be influenced by available resources.