Financial Transparency 2016-2017
Barrow Borough Council believes, as a public funded organisation, greater transparency is key for the delivery of its Council services and as a duty to the residents it serves.
- Annual Allowance paid to Councillors 2015-2016 - Total amounts paid to individual Members for the financial year are published on the Councils data portal https://data.gov.uk/publisher/barrow-borough-council
- Councillors Allowances - Details of various allowances and Executive Committee Minute, 11th November 2009, Members Allowance Scheme – Report of the Independent Remuneration Panel.
- Freedom of Information Act 2000 - The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FoIA) gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities including Barrow-in-Furness Borough Council.
- Payment to Suppliers - From January 2011, monthly data will be published including the details required in the guidance issued by the DCLG. Up to the 31st December 2010, the report included all suppliers where the total net payments made were greater than £500. This data is produced by reporting on the Payables module of the Oracle Financials system. The Council does not use Government Procurement cards.
All payments to suppliers over £500 are now published on the Council's Data Portal https://data.gov.uk/publisher/barrow-borough-council
in both csv and pdf format.
- Organisation chart of key positions held at Barrow Borough Council
- Senior Salaries - these are salaried above £58,200 and for 2016-17, these are:
Executive Director £93,840
Director of Resources £75,072