Submission Draft Local Plan December 2017
In May 2017 we consulted on a Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan. In response to this consultation, and in light of evidence updated since this time, the Council has prepared a Submission Draft Local Plan under Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
The Plan includes three major modifications which are open to public consultation. The modifications include the following:
- Policy EC7 – Energy Uses Opportunity Area - The boundary of the Energy Uses Opportunity Area is amended to include the decommissioned South Morecambe Bay Gas Terminal and the now closed Roosecote Power Station.
- Policy GI4 – Green Spaces - An additional area of open land is designated as a green space at Walker Street/James Street, Askam in Furness.
- Housing Requirement - The housing requirement has been amended in light of updated evidence.
The changes were agreed by the Council’s Executive Committee on 29th November 2017. The Council now invites comments from consultees on the modifications made to the Local Plan since the Pre-Submission Draft consultation in summer 2017.
Please note representations relating to unchanged parts of the Plan remain valid and do not need to be submitted again.
The consultation period will run from 8th December 2017 to 5pm on 24th January 2018.
Consultation Documents are available on our Data Portal.
Paper copies of the Plan and maps can also be viewed at the following locations during normal opening hours:
- Barrow Town Hall, Duke Street, Barrow in Furness, Cumbria, LA14 2LD
- Dalton Town Hall, Station Road, Dalton in Furness, Cumbria, LA15 8DT
- Libraries in Askam, Barrow, Barrow Island, Dalton, Roose and Walney
Comments can be made by completing a response form:
Please return the completed forms by:
Please note that comments can only be accepted if they relate to the major modifications to the Plan (referenced MAJ1 to MAJ27) and if they are received on a completed response form. Whilst we will acknowledge receipt of all representations received, it will not be possible for us to respond individually to any comments made.
Following the consultation period, the Plan will be submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government for independent examination. Any completed response forms received will not be treated as confidential and will be submitted to the Planning Inspectorate, together with the Local Plan, Proposals Map, other supporting documents and representations received in the previous round of consultation in August 2017. You therefore do not need to resubmit consultation responses made at this time.